This warm and creamy seafood casserole au gratin is a perfect all-in-one solution for a busy weeknight or buffet table! Comfort food at its finest!
Seafood Casserole Au Gratin
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed (one block)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 12 oz cooked crabmeat, canned or thawed
- 8 oz raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper and mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter until soft.
- Stir cubed cream cheese and remaining butter into the vegetables until melted and well incorporated. Mix in heavy cream.
- Add crabmeat, shrimp, rice, garlic powder, hot sauce, cayenne, and salt to the skillet and combine with vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle cracker crumb mixture over the top of the seafood mixture.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Hack: Feel free to use your favorite vegetables in this casserole or whatever you have on hand.
- Hack: Frozen or dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe.
- Hack: Canned or jarred mushrooms can be used in this recipe.
- Hack: Feel free to use your favorite seafood in this recipe or whatever you have on hand.
- Hack: One 12 oz can of evaporated milk can be substituted for the cream.
- Hack: Shrimp can be purchased individually from the seafood counter at most grocery stores. They can be purchased frozen in larger portions if you wish to keep some on hand. Thaw needed amounts before cooking.
- Hack: Seafood can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator. It can be thawed more quickly by placing it in a sealed bag and submerging them in a bath of cold water for about an hour.
Did you know? Shrimp is a healthy addition to your diet. It provides a high amount of nutrients that aren’t abundant in other foods!
Suggestion: Serve this dish with some freshly made authentic naan bread!