This brown rice mushroom risotto is made with brown rice instead of the traditional arborio rice, which ups the nutritional value. Using the oven makes it super easy!ll
Brown Rice Mushroom Risotto
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup brown rice
- 8 oz carrots, julienned (2 cups)
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Place broth in a saucepan and place it on the stove to heat.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a separate oven-proof pan. Add onions, garlic and salt. Saute until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and rice to the onions and heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches a simmer.
- Add heated broth to the rice mixture. Cover the pan with a tightly fitting lid and place in the preheated oven for one hour or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, place the remaining olive oil in a saute pan and add carrots. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms to the carrots and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove rice from the oven and stir in butter and parmesan cheese until it takes on a creamy texture. Stir in carrot mushroom mixture and serve.
- Hack: Dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe!
- Hack: One cup of chopped frozen onions can be substituted for fresh onion in this recipe.
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for single and/or pre-cut carrots and mushrooms to avoid having to buy more than needed.
Did you know? Brown rice is a super nutritious whole grain packed with various nutrients.