Saltine cracker crack candy is a buttery sweet crunch covered in chocolate! It’s fast, it’s easy and it only uses 4 ingredients. Lily-Rose gives it a thumbs up!
Saltine Cracker Crack Candy
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers (about 40 or 4 ounces)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (8 oz or 2 sticks)*
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 bag or 12 oz)
- *If using unsalted crackers and/or butter add ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Line a 10"x15" baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil. If using regular aluminum foil, coat it with cooking spray.
- Arrange a single layer of saltine crackers over the bottom of the pan.
- Place the brown sugar and butter into a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil. Allow to cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot caramel mixture over the crackers and use a spatula to spread it evenly, covering all the crackers.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes or until the caramel is bubbly. Remove it from the oven and turn off the heat.
- Allow pan to rest for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel. Use a spatula to evenly distribute and gently press chips into the caramel.
- Put the pan back in the hot oven for 1-2 minutes. Remove and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the caramel crackers.
- Place the pan on the refrigerator 2 at least two hours.
- Peel the candy off the aluminum foil and break it apart with your hands to serve.
- Hack: Switch this up by using different crackers, such as butter-flavored or graham crackers.
- Hack: Use your favorite chocolate (milk, dark or white) in place of the semi-sweet chips. You can also leave the chocolate off entirely if you prefer.
- Hack: Add some fancy pizazz by sprinkling chopped nuts, crushed hard candy or sprinkles over the top of the melted chocolate. Gently press them into the chocolate before refrigerating.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Did you know? Chocolate was originally served as a warm (and bitter) drink! Check out some more fun facts about chocolate here!
These classic no-bake cookies are another fast and easy snack that the
the kids will enjoy making!