Today, Yuhong’s Country Kitchen shows us how to make authentic Chinese chicken stir fry. Make sure to subscribe to her channel so you don’t miss any videos!
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
(Courtesy Yuhong Sun)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger root
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 teaspoons)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Chili oil to taste
- Mix ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken, egg and cornstarch.
- In a heavy saute pan or wok, heat 3 tbsp oil and ginger slices. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink. Remove chicken and ginger from the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to saute pan. Saute onion and pepper until just beginning to cook through but still has a crunch. Add chicken and sauce to pan and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze in servings-sized portions for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Place leftover rice while still warm (to retain moisture) in serving-size containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
For more instructional videos for making traditional Chinese cuisine, visit Yuhong’s Country Kitchen on YouTube!
Suggestion: Serve this with a side of Yuhong’s Asian Stir Fry Green Beans!
Please follow and like us: