Today, Yuhong’s Country Kitchen shows us how to make authentic Chinese chicken stir fry. Make sure to subscribe to her channel so you don’t miss any videos!
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger root
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 teaspoons)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Chili oil to taste
- Mix ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken, egg and cornstarch.
- In a heavy saute pan or wok, heat 3 tbsp oil and ginger slices. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink. Remove chicken and ginger from the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to saute pan. Saute onion and pepper until just beginning to cook through but still has a crunch. Add chicken and sauce to pan and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze in servings-sized portions for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Place leftover rice while still warm (to retain moisture) in serving-size containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
For more instructional videos for making traditional Chinese cuisine, visit Yuhong’s Country Kitchen on YouTube!
Suggestion: Serve this with a side of Yuhong’s Asian Stir Fry Green Beans!