Who loves grilled cheese? Try jazzing up your next lunch by making this easy grilled cheese sandwich with fig chutney! It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Fig Chutney
- 2 slices Simple White Bread
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 slices Asiago cheese
- 2 tbsp Dried Fig Chutney
- Spread one piece of bread with ½ tbsp butter. Place butter side down in a cold skillet.
- Top bread with one slice of cheese. Spread chutney over cheese. Top with the remaining piece of cheese.
- Spread butter on the remaining slice of bread and place on top of the sandwich, butter side up.
- Turn heat to medium. Grill until the underside is golden brown. Flip sandwich and grill reverse side until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Hack: Butter will soften to room temperature in 30-60 minutes, depending on the size of the chunk of butter.
- Hack: Butter can also be placed in the microwave at 30% power at 5-second intervals until softened.
- Hack: Feel free to use your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand!
- Hack: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, oven or toaster oven.
Did you know? Figs, whether fresh or dried, are a nutritional powerhouse!
Suggestion: The chutney in this recipe is also delicious in fig-stuffed chicken breast!
Please follow and like us: