The combination of ingredients in garlic chicken with caramelized mushrooms and onion takes on an added dimension of flavor in this Asian-themed dish.
Garlic Chicken with Caramelized Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cubed boiled potatoes (1 medium-sized), hot
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter, onion, and mushrooms in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until liquid from mushrooms is absorbed and vegetables are caramelized, about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat up to medium and add sauce. Bring to simmer and add chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over fork mashed boiled potato.
Did you know? Mushrooms are a low-calorie food that packs a nutritional punch.
Suggestion: Pair this dish with Italian herb focaccia bread!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Garlic Chicken with Caramelized Mushrooms”
Your chicken recipe seems quite interesting, and I will try it.
I can’t even recall if I had anything similar, and I eat a lot of chicken meat weekly.
By the way, I love garlic and eat it every day. It is excellent and helps to strengthen your immune system.
I am seeing the recipe contains ¼ cup brown sugar per 8 oz of chicken meat.
Since I am not a big fan of adding any sugar or other sweet things to meat, do you think I can add a little bit, maybe a teaspoon, or possibly skip brown sugar from the recipe?
Let me know, please, and thanks for the recipe.
The beauty of making things in your own kitchen is that you can make any adjustments you want! Leave the sugar out and please let me know if the result was pleasing. Enjoy!
Can I just say, I love your website. It will help me become a really good cook. I will be sure to try this out in my next dish. I have tried out a couple of foods from your website and can I just say, they tasted really amazing! I will try this recipe this coming weekend. I will be sure to let you know how it goes
Thank you for your kind comments. I look forward to your assessment of this recipe!