Herbed jasmine rice is a savory vegan side that will hold up to any main course. Use your rice cooker to make it an easy and hands-off treat!
Herbed Jasmine Rice
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup uncooked jasmine rice
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried sage
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Add vegetable broth into the inner pan of a rice cooker.
- Rinse rice to remove the starch coating. Add to broth along with onion, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme and the bay leaf.
- Place the inner pan into the rice cooker and close the lid. Program cooker on the white rice setting and allow it to cook.
- Let rice sit for 10 minutes after the cycle is done. Remove bay leaf, fluff with a fork and serve.
- Hack: Rice can be cooked on the stove in a saucepan. Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower temperature to low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Hack: Place leftover rice while still warm (to retain moisture) in serving-size containers and freeze for future use.
Have you ever wondered about how rices differ and the best ways to use them? Check it out here!
Dehydrated onions and garlic can be used in this recipe!
Suggestion: This rice pairs beautifully with cranberry mustard pork tenderloin!