This lighter version of homemade egg salad gets its kick from dill Greek yogurt dip. Try it on in a sandwich, wrap or salad. It’s good all by itself as well!
Homemade Egg Salad
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup Dill Greek Yogurt Dip
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp sweet or dill relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover the pan and bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let the pan sit, still covered, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain hot water from the pan and fill with cold water and ice to cool eggs. Peel the eggs.
- Chop eggs and combine with yogurt, onion and relish.
- Hack: This can be served on bread or, if you’re looking to cut back on your carbs, you can serve it with salad greens. Try mixing in some chopped tomatoes and cucumbers!
- Hack: Hard-boiled eggs keep in the refrigerator for one week so consider making a few extra while you’ve got the water boiling! They make a great snack alone, pickled or deviled eggs.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!