This lighter version of homemade egg salad gets its kick from dill Greek yogurt dip. Try it on in a sandwich, wrap or salad. It’s good all by itself as well!
Homemade Egg Salad
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup Dill Greek Yogurt Dip
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp sweet or dill relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover the pan and bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let the pan sit, still covered, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain hot water from the pan and fill with cold water and ice to cool eggs. Peel the eggs.
- Chop eggs and combine with yogurt, onion and relish.
- Hack: This can be served on bread or, if you’re looking to cut back on your carbs, you can serve it with salad greens. Try mixing in some chopped tomatoes and cucumbers!
- Hack: Hard-boiled eggs keep in the refrigerator for one week so consider making a few extra while you’ve got the water boiling! They make a great snack alone, pickled or deviled eggs.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Quick and Easy Homemade Egg Salad”
I am such a foodie. This article is perfect for me. I am such an egg person. It could be egg salad or an omelet, or even scrambled eggs. As long as it is eggs, I am happy. Thank you for this article. It is very informative, especially for people that do not know how to make an egg salad.
I love eggs as well. They’re inexpensive, nutrient-rich, versatile and delicious! What more could we want?
I enjoy eating Homemade Egg Salad. It’s simple and easy to make in less than 15 mins. But, did you know the best time to buy fresh Onions picked from our farmers in California is between February to May? The texture of the onions and the warmth with the mixtures of the flavors melt in the mouth. I found a vast flavor difference in eating seasonally to benefit our cooking and satisfy the customers. So, let’s eat healthily and preserve our natural resources to keep eating delicious foods through your website. I AM CREATING CONTENT TO SELECT THE FRESHEST LOCAL INGREDIENTS FROM OUR CALIFORNIA FARMERS. Follow me through Facebook at MealPrepToday.
I also believe that local produce is the best and I love to eat seasonally. We have a fairly short growing season here in New Hampshire but I visit the farmers market every week during that time period to see what’s new. Thank you for being a supporter of local business!