Rice Krispies Treats™ is a classic recipe that we all remember fondly from our childhood. This no-bake recipe uses only 4 ingredients and your littles can help!
Original Rice Krispies Treats™
- 6 cups Rice Krispies™ cereal
- 1 package Mini M&Ms;™, optional (10 ounce or 1½ cups)
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 bag marshmallows (10 oz or about 40)
- Use cooking spray to coat a 10”x13” pan.
- Measure Rice Krispies™ and Mini M&Ms;™ into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Put the marshmallows and butter into a separate large bowl. Place in the microwave and heat on full power for 2 minutes.* Stir until marshmallow and butter are well combined.
- Add the cereal mixture to the marshmallow and stir quickly to combine.
- Use a buttered spatula, waxed paper or buttered hands to gently press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Allow to cool and cut into 2” squares for serving.
- *This step can also be done on the stovetop. Place marshmallows and butter in a large pan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Hack: Store leftovers in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Separate layers with waxed or parchment paper. They can also be tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 6 weeks.
- Hack: Experiment by using flavored marshmallows, food coloring (added to melted marshmallows) and/or different stir-ins such as candies, nuts or sprinkles. Go crazy and let me know how they turn out!
Did you know? Marshmallows were originally made from the sap of the mallow plant and enjoyed only by royalty. Check out some more fun facts here!
To see more videos from The Cooking Cousins and their friends, check out our YouTube channel! Don’t forget to like, subscribe and press that notification button so you won’t miss any new videos!
Suggestion: Milk and cereal bars are another easy, no-bake goodie for your littles to make!
Please follow and like us: