Pasta salad with peas is one of my all-time favorite summer sides. It’s cool and refreshing on a hot day! What’s your favorite summer “go-to”?
Pasta Salad with Peas
- 1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 2 tbsp oil-based Italian salad dressing*
- 2 tbsp fresh onion, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Bring one quart of water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add pasta and boil until al dente, about 7 minutes or according to package directions. Add peas in the last minute of cooking.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ pasta water. Do not rinse.
- Place pasta in a bowl or sealable plastic bag. Add pasta water and Italian salad dressing and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain pasta and return to bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Toss with cooled pasta and peas. Refrigerate until the salad is well chilled.
- *Use olive oil, if desired.
- Hack: Store tightly covered leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Use this homemade Italian salad dressing for the overnight soak!
Please follow and like us: