Pasta salad with peas is one of my all-time favorite summer sides. It’s cool and refreshing on a hot day! What’s your favorite summer “go-to”?
Pasta Salad with Peas
- 1 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 2 tbsp oil-based Italian salad dressing*
- 2 tbsp fresh onion, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Bring one quart of water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add pasta and boil until al dente, about 7 minutes or according to package directions. Add peas in the last minute of cooking.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ pasta water. Do not rinse.
- Place pasta in a bowl or sealable plastic bag. Add pasta water and Italian salad dressing and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain pasta and return to bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, pepper and salt. Toss with cooled pasta and peas. Refrigerate until the salad is well chilled.
- *Use olive oil, if desired.
- Hack: Store tightly covered leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you know? Traditional “white” pasta has gotten a bad rap lately but there are plenty of healthier alternatives out there, either with carbs or without!
Use this homemade Italian salad dressing for the overnight soak!
Please follow and like us: