Quick and easy creamed spinach is a classic side dish is easy to put together and is a wonderful accompaniment to a roast or steak. Use leftovers to make this delicious Easy Eggs Florentine!
Quick and Easy Creamed Spinach
- 16 oz frozen spinach, thawed with liquid squeezed out
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 tsp)
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until transparent (about 2-3 minutes), then add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Whisk in the flour and cook until thickened.
- Pour in the milk, whisking constantly until the white sauce thickens (about 5 minutes). Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1/4 cup of milk to the sauce, whisking it through until reaching your desired thickness.
- Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Add spinach to the cream sauce, stirring gently until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Hack: Freeze leftovers in servings-sized portions for later use. Consider freezing a few ¼ cup servings for the recipe below.
- Hack: Use leftovers to make this delicious Easy Eggs Florentine!
Did you know? Spinach is one the most nutrient-dense plant-based foods you can eat!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Quick and Easy Creamed Spinach”
We enjoy spinach in a few different ways from raw in an omelette to steamed as a side dish, but have not tried creamed spinach. This recipe is easy and looks delicious. All of the ingredients are common. I am also thinking that the dish can be changed a bit by changing the seasoning. This is a great recipe to try for Thanksgiving. People will be impressed with the unique, tasty dish. Thanks.
The great thing about cooking your own foods at home is the ability to alter seasonings to suit your own tastes or simply to “switch things up”. Please let me know what seasonings you decided to try so we can try it as well!
I think I like the quick and easy creamed spinach. It’s a classic side dish that’s easy to put together and is a wonderful accompaniment to a roast or steak. Use leftovers to make this delicious Easy Eggs Florentine! i think is a good teaching about quick and easy creamed food to eat. Sometimes when tired and can’t cook I like the idea of website nice teaching,
Thank you for your kind comments! I agree that it’s nice to have a meal that can be put together quickly and easily. Enjoy!