Call me crazy but Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable! These roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction will make them your favorite as well!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic reduction
- Trim Brussels Sprouts and cut in half lengthwise. Place sprouts, onions and oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat and cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Toss with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.
- Hack: Frozen brussels sprouts can be used for this recipe. Add sprouts whole and frozen to the saute pan. Allow an additional 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
- Hack: ¼ cup chopped fresh or frozen onion can be substituted for the frozen pearl onions.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Did you know? Brussels sprouts are part of the cruciferous collection of vegetables that are associated with lowering the risk of some types of cancer.
Suggestion: These would pair nicely with classic meatloaf!