Roasted sausage, peppers and onions are not just for subs! Jazz this recipe by serving it with rice, polenta, cornbread or potato salad!
Roasted Sausage, Peppers and Onions
- 4 sweet onions
- 6 sweet bell peppers in a variety of colors (green, red, yellow and orange)
- 6 Italian sausage links, hot or sweet (1 Pound)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350͒℉
- Cut onions and peppers in 1" chunks and place in a baking pan. Add ¼ cup of vegetable broth and the sausages.
- Oven roast for 45 - 60 minutes until sausages reach an internal temperature of 160℉ Add vegetable broth ¼ cup at a time as necessary to avoid having the pan from going dry.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze in serving-sized portions for up to 3 months.
Did you know? The biggest sausage ever made was an amazing 38.99 miles long? Check out some other fun sausages facts here!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Roasted Sausage, Peppers and Onions”
This looks absolutely delicious, I mean my mouth is watering just by looking at the picture lol. I love how you include the recipe and preparation instructions, most food sites just post pictures and visitors have no idea how to go about preparing the dish, this site is different in an amazing way. Another interesting aspect of this site is the fun facts about sausages, who knew the longest sausage was approximately 39 miles long? Really great content.
Thank you for your kind comments!
This is a new recipe that I will add to my cookbook. I really enjoy coming across your website. It allows me to try out new recipes and always keep my family shocked. The think that I am a chef because of your website so thank you for this. I will be sure to try out this meal and let you know how it goes
Thank you for your kind comments! I look forward to your review of my recipe.