Salsa verde eggs are a quick and easy meal that’s spicy and satisfying. It’s a healthy, simple and low-calorie treat for any time of day!
Salsa Verde Eggs
- ¼ cup fresh salsa
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Coat small saute pan with cooking spray.
- Add salsa to pan and over medium heat until simmering. Push salsa to the sides of the pan, making a “well” for the egg.
- Crack the egg into well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cover until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Suggestion: Serve this over a slice of simple white toast!