Salsa verde eggs are a quick and easy meal that’s spicy and satisfying. It’s a healthy, simple and low-calorie treat for any time of day!
Salsa Verde Eggs
- ¼ cup fresh salsa
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Coat small saute pan with cooking spray.
- Add salsa to pan and over medium heat until simmering. Push salsa to the sides of the pan, making a “well” for the egg.
- Crack the egg into well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cover until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Suggestion: Serve this over a slice of simple white toast!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Fast and Easy Salsa Verde Eggs”
I love your website because it is where I am learning how to cook different types of menus. You are helping many of us who did not know all of these. You are talking about one egg only – can I add one extra egg and keep the same quantity of ingredients? – and, have the same taste?
Yes! Feel free to add another egg!
I’m always looking for new breakfast ideas that are diet-friendly and low-carb. A lot of the time I make scrambled eggs, but I’d never thought about using salsa as part of the recipe. This recipe looks super easy, tasty and quick to make. So I’m going to bookmark it and definitely give it a try soon! Thanks for sharing.
It’s really a unique and super-easy way to make a healthy breakfast. I hope you enjoy it!