This shrimp scampi with linguine is an elegant dish for one that pulls together in less than 15 minutes. It’s a perfect solution to a busy weeknight meal!
Shrimp Scampi With Linguine
- 2 oz linguine
- 1 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ clove garlic, minced (½ tsp)
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to boil.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and the linguine. When the water returns to a boil, cook until the pasta is al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat ½ tbsp butter and ½ tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet, bring to a simmer. Add ½ tbsp butter and ½ tbsp oil.
- When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and serve immediately.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and serve immediately.
Suggestion: Looking for more super quick and easy “meals for one” options? Try this spinach feta pizza for one!