This simple Thai green curry comes together in no time for a quick and easy meal. Try experimenting by adding whatever veggies and proteins you have on hand!
Simple Thai Green Curry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 12 cooked shrimp, medium
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a wok or saute pan.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and sugar snap peas. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and green onion. Saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes
- Stir in curry paste and cook for two mintues.
- Pour in coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Add shrimp and heat just until warmed through.
- Serve immediately with hot rice or noodles, if desired.
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower florets to avoid having to buy an entire head. Frozen vegetables would also work in this recipe.
- Hack: Shop the salad bar if you just need a small amount of an item that you don’t think you’ll use again before it “goes over”.
- Hack: Chop leftover green onions and freeze them in a sealable freezer bag or container for future use. While they won’t retain the crispness that would make them suitable for salads or garnish, they will be fine for cooking.
- Hack: Do you know that you can freeze fresh ginger root? Grating it in its frozen state is easier than grating it fresh and, if you choose organic ginger, you don’t have to peel it! Simply place it in a sealed freezer bag or container and pop it in the freezer.
- Hack: Shrimp can be purchased individually from the seafood counter at most grocery stores. Alternately, they can be purchased frozen in larger portions if you wish to keep some on hand. Thaw needed amounts before cooking.
- Hack: Seafood can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator. It can be thawed more quickly by placing it in a sealable bag and submerging it in a bath of cold water for about an hour.
Did you know? Shrimp is a healthy addition to your diet. It provides a high amount of nutrients that aren’t abundant in other foods!
Suggestion: Dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe!