This super quick and easy strawberry banana yogurt smoothie makes breakfast a breeze! Pack an extra punch by adding greens such as kale, spinach or chard!
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 6 strawberries
- 5.3 oz Chobani less sugar Madagascar vanilla and cinnamon Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Blend in blender until smooth. Add milk or water to thin, if necessary.
- Hack: Mix it up by trying different kinds of fruit, greens and/or seeds!
- Hack: Frozen fruit can be used in this recipe.
- Hack: Make this vegan and/or lactose-free by using soy or nut yogurts.
- Hack: Leftover fresh strawberries can be stored in the freezer. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until solid. Place in a sealable freezer bag and store in the freezer for use in recipes that call for mashed or pureed strawberries.
- Hack: If your bananas have reached maximum ripeness, remove peels and place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once solid, place in a sealable freezer bag and store in the freezer for use in recipes that call for mashed or pureed banana.
- Hack: Do you know that you can freeze fresh ginger root? Grating it in its frozen state is easier than grating it fresh and, if you choose organic ginger, you don’t have to peel it! Simply place it in a sealed freezer bag or container and pop it in the freezer.
Did you know? Greek yogurt has a number of advantages over regular yogurt including more protein and less carbohydrates. Check out the facts here.
Overnight oats is another fast, easy and nutritious breakfast recipe using Greek yogurt!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie”
I must say your strawberry banana yogurt smoothie sounds delicious. I’m definitely trying this recipe. I recently started blending my own smoothies, and I love them.
I also use kale and spinach in mine along with a mix of frozen berries, banana, raspberry or strawberry sorbet, guava, or orange juice. You can also use water. I add protein powder or collagen, blend it all up, and it comes out super delicious. My new all-time favorite breakfast.
Thank you for sharing your recipe. I’m looking forward to visiting your website again and getting more delicious smoothie recipes.
One of the best things about smoothies is how versatile they are! I recently went to a smoothie bar and got one with peanut butter and almond milk. It was delicious!
I hope you find some other recipes to enjoy on this site. Please let me know which ones are your favorites.
Can you add protein powders in these smoothies? I am such a gym rat and I love my protein shakes, but sometimes it’s boring to take my shake just like that so I was wondering if I could make it into a smoothie. Will it still taste nice? I will be waiting for your feedback. Thank you in advance for your help
Yes, you can absolutely add protein powders to this smoothie. I think either vanilla or chocolate would be delicious!