My favorite way to eat this homemade fruit nut granola is stirred into Greek yogurt with a little honey and vanilla! It’s a great way to start my day!
Homemade Fruit Nut Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ⅓ cup dried chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 15”x10” rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, nuts and salt and cinnamon until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add olive oil mixture to oats. Mix until well incorporated and all nuts and oats are coated. Spread evenly on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a spatula to flip the granola in sections. Press granola down with the back of the spatula to make it more cohesive.
- Return to the oven and bake until golden brown (10-12 minutes). Don’t worry if it doesn’t seem crunchy enough at this point. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle cherries and dates evenly over the top. Use the back of the spatula to gently press the fruit down.
- Allow to rest undisturbed until completely cool then crumble or break into pieces.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Granola is incredibly versatile. Feel free to use whatever nuts or seeds you have on hand. The same goes for dried fruit. Alternative sweeteners such as maple syrup or applesauce can also be used. Go crazy!
Did you know? Oats are a great way to start your day. They’re packed with nutrition that combats heart disease and diabetes while helping control your weight and digestive health. Check out the facts here!
Suggestion: Serve this in a bowl with milk for a fast and easy meal any time of day! It can also be used to make a yogurt granola cup or in overnight oats.