Andouille sausage with cabbage brings together spicy sausage, bacon and green cabbage team up to make this super-easy one-pan meal!
Andouille Sausage With Cabbage
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 links fully cooked cajun style andouille sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 small head green cabbage (1 lb)
- Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut bacon into small pieces. Slice sausage into ½” rounds.
- Cook bacon and sausage in a skillet over medium heat until the sausage is brown and bacon is crispy, 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan, leaving drippings, and set aside.
- Slice peppers and onion. Add to pan and cook until peppers are tender and onions are translucent 10-12 minutes. Stir in garlic, cajun seasoning and black pepper.
- Coarsely chop cabbage into 1” squares. Add to the pan with peppers and onions. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. If the cabbage does not fit in the pan, cover the pan and allow the cabbage to cook down before adding more cabbage.
- Add sausage and bacon. Cover and cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you ever wonder about the roots of Cajun culture? Get the facts here!
Check out this article to learn more about the benefits of eating cabbage!