Creamy broccoli coleslaw is a tasty and colorful twist on a summer classic! Serve it with grilled ribs, bbq chicken, sandwiches or all by itself!
Creamy Broccoli Coleslaw
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded (about ⅛ head)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small stalks
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup coleslaw dressing
- Toss all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve immediately.
- Hack: Cabbage, broccoli and carrot mixture can be made ahead and stored in a tightly sealed bag or container for up to 5 days. Add raisins and dressing when ready to serve.
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for pre-cut broccoli florets to avoid having to buy an entire head. You may also be able to find them in the salad bar.
- Hack: Ask the produce clerk to cut a head of cabbage into wedges so you’ll only have to buy what you need. They’ll wrap the leftover pieces and put it back on the shelf for sale.
- Hack: Matchstick carrots can be found in the packaged section of the produce department or on the salad bar. Freeze any leftover carrots for use in cooking.
Did you know? Cabbage is part of the cruciferous collection of vegetables that are associated with lowering the risk of some types of cancer.
Suggestion: This dish pairs perfectly with Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork!
Suggestion: Use any leftover cabbage to make this roasted red cabbage and shrimp recipe or Oven Braised Pork Roast with Red Cabbage and Leek!