Who doesn’t love freshly made easy classic bread pudding? It comes together quickly, can be assembled up to 12 hours in advance and is inexpensive to make.
Easy Classic Bread Pudding
- 2 cups loosely packed cups sturdy bread, cut into cubes (2-3 slices)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Toss bread and raisins in an greased oven-safe 4 cup casserole.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over bread and toss to combine.
- Bake at 350℉ for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (with an internal temp of 160℉)
- Serve warm or cold.
- Hack: Any type of sturdy, plain bread can be used for bread pudding. Stale bread works as well but wait at least 30 minutes to bake so the liquid can soften the bread.
- Hack: Assembled bread pudding can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours before baking.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Did you know? Bread is one of the most widely consumed food in the world and bread pudding evolved as a way to use up the stale scraps. Check out more fun facts here.