The combination of ingredients in garlic chicken with caramelized mushrooms and onion takes on an added dimension of flavor in this Asian-themed dish.
Garlic Chicken with Caramelized Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cubed boiled potatoes (1 medium-sized), hot
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter, onion, and mushrooms in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until liquid from mushrooms is absorbed and vegetables are caramelized, about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat up to medium and add sauce. Bring to simmer and add chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over fork mashed boiled potato.
Did you know? Mushrooms are a low-calorie food that packs a nutritional punch.
Suggestion: Pair this dish with garlic herb focaccia bread!