Cranberry pecan chicken salad is a fresh twist on a classic treat. Try it in a sandwich or on a bed of fresh greens. It’s sure to tantalize your taste buds!
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded (1 small breast)
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped (10-12 dried cranberries)
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped (5 -6 pecan halves)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken, onion, celery, cranberries and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Allow to chill for an hour to combine flavors.
- Hack: Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Hack: For a delicious change of pace, replace cranberries with ¼ cup red grapes.
- Hack: I've used pecans in this recipe but you can use your favorite nut or whatever nuts you have on hand.
Did you know? People call cranberries a superfood for good reason: They have all kinds of health-boosting benefits.
Suggestion: Serve this salad on simple white bread or oatmeal honey sandwich rolls!