Creamed spinach gives this vegetarian version of easy eggs florentine a great twist. It pulls together in a jiffy for a super easy breakfast, brunch or supper!
Easy Eggs Florentine
- ½ English muffin
- ¼ cup Quick and Easy Creamed Spinach
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Toast English muffin. Spread creamed spinach over the top and place under broiler. While muffin is cooking, fry an egg to the desired doneness. When spinach begins to brown, top with Parmesan cheese and continue broiling until melted. Remove from broiler and top with the fried egg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Hack: Slice English muffins in half horizontally and return to original packing. Place in sealable bag and place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Make more than one egg and store them for later use. For the best quality, I suggest cooking scrambled eggs in an egg ring as this provides for uniform cooking and reheating. Cook just until set. These eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. To freeze eggs, place on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until firm. Seal in a freezer bag or container and store in the freezer. To reheat, thaw or remove from refrigerator and microwave at 20-second intervals just until heated through.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!