Sometimes referred to as apple crumble, this easy old fashioned apple crisp is a classic dessert that’s always a crowd-pleaser! Try it with caramel sauce!
Easy Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cold butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Grease a 2-cup, oven-safe dish and put the apples in it. Sprinkle apples with vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, rolled oats, flour and cinnamon. Top the apples with this mixture.
- Bake until the apples are soft, about 20 minutes*. Place under the broiler for a few moments if additional browning of the top is desired.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
- *It’s fine to use whatever type of apple you have on-hand but different apples have different textures and therefore require slightly different cooking times.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Hack: Make some extra streusel topping to keep in the refrigerator to make a quick apple crisp whenever you want one!
While many assume that cooking fruits destroy nutrition, there are many health benefits to eating baked apples!
Suggestion: Leftover apples? Make some applesauce!