This basic white frosting is super fast and easy to make. It uses just a few simple ingredients, comes together quickly and is incredibly versatile.
Basic White Frosting
- 1½ cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla (or ½ tsp vanilla and ½ tsp of any other extract such as orange or peppermint)
- 1-2 tbsp milk, if needed
- food coloring, if desired
- Place sugar, butter and extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Use the whisk attachment and blend on medium speed until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Add milk, a few drops at a time, and food coloring (if desired) to achieve the color and consistency desired.
- Makes about 1¼ cups of frosting
- Hack: Tightly cover leftover frosting and store at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Frosting can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To see more videos from Lily-Rose and her friends, check out our YouTube Channel! Don’t forget to like, subscribe and press that notification button so you won’t miss any new videos!
Read my review of the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer here: https://cynthiaeats.com/my-review-kitchenaid-artisan-series-5-quart-tilt-head-stand-mixer/.
Suggestion: Use this frosting to decorate some homemade rolled chocolate cookies!