Pineapple Pork Chops are the perfect combination of sweet and savory with an Asian flair. This dish is super fast, super easy and super healthy so enjoy!
Pineapple Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Chinese black vinegar
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into small tidbits
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp honey
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature, about 1 hour. Dry chops with a paper towel and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the pork chops on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chops from the skillet, and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar into the skillet, and bring to a simmer.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet and add pineapple. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 - 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the pork chop should read 145℉.
- Remove chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Mix honey and cornstarch into the skillet with the chicken broth mixture. Bring to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Serve broth with cooked pork chops and pineapple.
- Hack: Balsamic vinegar can be substituted for Chinese black vinegar.
- Hack: Unsweetened canned pineapple can be used in this recipe.
Suggestion: Serve with baked rice pilaf.