The earthy, salty flavor of feta cheese blends beautifully with the subtly sweet and savory taste of fig chutney in the delicious fig stuffed chicken breast!
Fig Stuffed Chicken Breast
(Courtesy: Penny Jacques)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 oz)
- 1 tbsp dried fig chutney, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Butterfly chicken breast and lay on a flat surface.
- Place generous tbsp of chutney on the bottom half of chicken breast and top with goat cheese
- Fold the top half of the chicken breast over chutney and goat cheese. Coat with flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased baking pan. Mix butter and oil. Drizzle over chicken breast.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160℉.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Hack: Place chicken breast in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to butterflying for more stability when cutting. Allow to thaw completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Handle chicken with care! Click here for some tips to avoid foodborne illnesses that can be associated with raw poultry.
Suggestion: The chutney in this recipe is also delicious in this grilled cheese sandwich.