Easy guacamole dip in cucumber boats is a low-carb snack that’s rich in nutrition and healthy fats…oh, and it tastes great!
Easy Guacamole Dip in Cucumber Boats
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- ¾ tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro or ⅓ tsp dried cilantro
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split lengthwise with seed removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix avocado, lime juice, onion, cilantro and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on cucumber and fill “boat” with guacamole.
- Serve immediately.
- Hack: Place any leftover guacamole in a sealable bag. Roll to press out as much air as possible and seal tightly. Store in refrigerator for up to two days.
- Hack: Fresh herbs can easily be frozen. Lay flat in a single layer and freeze. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and seal tightly. Store in the freezer for up to 12 months. Alternately, herbs can be chopped and placed in ice cubes trays. Cover in oil and freeze for future use.
Ever wonder how to tell if an avocado is ripe? How long it will be good after you buy it? Check out these tips to find out!
Suggestion: Serve this with or mix it with Simple Pico de Gallo (Easy Fresh Salsa) for an extra special treat!