Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a spicy, cheesy decadent delight…all wrapped up in bacon! It’s perfect all by itself…or tucked away in a sub or sandwich wrap!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (1 oz)
- 3 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Place the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and jalapenos in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Cut a deep pocket into the chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side. Fill the pocket of chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Wrap chicken breast tightly with bacon, securing with toothpicks. Place it in a greased baking pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and chicken has an internal temperature of 160℉. You can broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes to further crisp the bacon if needed.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Handle chicken with care! Click here for some tips to avoid foodborne illnesses that can be associated with raw poultry.
For a sweeter take on this same theme, try brown sugar bacon-wrapped chicken!