Rolled chocolate cookies are fun to make and taste great! Lily-Rose gives this recipe two thumbs up so round up your little ones and give it a try!
Rolled Chocolate Cookies
- 3½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Put shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached. Mix on medium speed until well combined and light in color.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and add flour mixture, ½ cup at a time, until it’s all incorporated into the shortening mixture.
- Place cookie dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and roll to ¼“ thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut into individual figures. Peel cookie dough away from shaped cookies. Flip the parchment paper over onto a greased cookie sheet and gently peel cookies off and onto the cookie sheet.
- Roll out the remaining dough on the parchment paper and cut with cookie cutters. Continue until all the dough is used.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes or until there are no wet spots on top of them. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.
- Decorate with powdered sugar, glaze or frosting, if desired.
- Hack: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days or tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 6 months.
- Hack: Unbaked dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 6 months.
Read my review of the KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer here.
To see more videos from Lily-Rose and her friends, check out our YouTube channel! Don’t forget to like, subscribe and press that notification button so you won’t miss any new videos!