This Korean beef marinade is super easy and super tasty! Pair it with a Chinese-style broccoli stir fry for a delicious Asian-themed meal!
Korean Beef Marinade
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 2 green onions
- 1 lb steak, cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- Mix first 8 ingredients (soy sauce through green onion) in a sealable bag or container. Add beef and allow to marinate overnight.
- Add beef to preheated saute pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve over hot rice.
- Hack: Once opened, sesame oil can be stored in a cool, dark place (kitchen cupboard away from the stove) for up to six months. It can be stored in the fridge for a year or more.
- Hack: Do you know that you can freeze fresh ginger root? Grating it in its frozen state is easier than grating it fresh and, if you choose organic ginger, you don’t have to peel it! Simply place it in a sealed freezer bag or container and pop it in the freezer.
- Hack: Chop unused green onions and freeze them in a sealable freezer bag or container for future use.
Did you know? Beef has gotten a bad rap due to its high fat and cholesterol content but the health benefits make it a healthy addition to a balanced diet!
Suggestion: This pairs beautifully with Chinese broccoli stir fry!
Suggestion: Leftovers? Make some Pepper Steak Stir Fry!