An overnight marinade gives lemon poppy seed chicken a bright flavor in this fast and easy dinner for one! Rice noodles make it a great gluten-free option.
Lemon Poppy Seed Chicken with Rice Noodles
- 4 oz skinless, boneless chicken
- ¼ cup Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing, divided
- 2 oz linguine rice noodles
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Seal the chicken in a small bag or container with 2 tbsp lemon poppy seed dressing. Marinade overnight.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and cut into 1” pieces.
- Soak the rice noodles in very hot water for 30 minutes. Do not oversoak. Drain.
- While the noodles are soaking, put the onion in saute pan with ¼ cup vegetable broth. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently, until soft and golden. As the vegetable broth evaporates continue adding, ¼ cup at a time.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken, rice noodles and peas to the pan and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through, 7-10 minutes. Toss with remaining poppy seed dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Did you know? Frozen produce has many advantages over fresh, including less waste, convenience and price. It’s even been shown that those who keep frozen produce on hand are more likely to reach their daily recommended servings!
Suggestion: Oil-free lemon poppy dressing is also a perfect drizzled over pan seared scallops and shrimp!