These cheesy sausage balls make great hors d’oeuvres or appetizers. They would also be a welcome addition to any buffet table. Use any leftovers for a tasty sandwich!
Cheesy Sausage Balls
(Courtesy: Penny Jacques)
- 16 oz breakfast sausage
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Shape into 30 balls.
- Bake the balls for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160℉.
- Hack: Mix things up by using maple or Italian flavored sausage.
- Hack: These balls can be made up in advance and stored, cooked or uncooked, for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Hack: Lay sausage balls, cooked or uncooked, in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in freezer until solid. Transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Did you know? It’s likely that meatballs did not originate in Italy! Click here for some fun facts about meatballs!
Suggestion: Serve these sausage balls with fresh whole cranberry sauce or honey mustard dipping sauce.