Smothered pork ribs are a quick dish that’s hearty and comes together in less than 30 minutes! It also uses only one pan for easy cleanup.
Smothered Pork Ribs
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless pork ribs (3 oz each)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced (1 tsp)
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a heavy saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Dry pork ribs with paper towels and sprinkle pork ribs with salt and pepper.
- When oil is heated, brown ribs on all sides (3-4 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tbsp olive oil to the pan. Add garlic, onion, peppers and tomatoes. Saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomato paste and saute for 1 minute. Add wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Add stock, stir and then move vegetables to create a well in the center of the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Place ribs in well and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160℉ (about 10 minutes)
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Frozen or dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe.
Did you know? Pork is high in many important vitamins and minerals. Check it out here!
Suggestion: Pair this dish with some sour cream horseradish mashed potatoes for a real stick-to-your-ribs meal!