This incredibly moist and delicious orange juice quick bread uses orange zest and fresh orange juice for extra-bright citrus flavors everyone will love.
Orange Juice Quick Bread
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature (½ cup)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup orange juice + ¼ cup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Coat one 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Zest orange. Pulse the remaining orange in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Cream eggs, butter and sugar together with a mixer until pale. Add orange zest, orange puree, ½ cup orange juice and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to sugar mixture and blend until smooth
- Place batter into loaf pan and bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean or until the internal temperature is 190℉, about 60 minutes.
- Immediately after taking the bread out of the oven, drizzle the top with ¼ cup orange juice, going slowly enough to allow the juice to soak into the top of the bread.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Hack: For smaller loaves (for freezing or giving away!), divide the batter between two 6’ x 4” loaf pans lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-45 minutes. Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with muffin papers. Divide batter between cups and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Hack: Store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 4 days or freeze, tightly wrapped, for up to 3 months.
- Hack: To easily zest a whole orange, use a vegetable peeler. Lay unused zest in a single layer and freeze. Store, tightly wrapped, in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Hack: Zest and puree any leftover oranges in the blender or food processor for use in recipes such as cakes, cookies or breads. 1 orange yields about ⅓ cup puree, which can be sealed in a bag and stored in the freezer.
- Hack: Leftover orange juice can be frozen for up to 12 months. Pour orange juice into an ice cube tray and place in the freezer until solid. Transfer to freezer bags or freezer safe containers for storage.
Did you know? Oranges are actually classified as a berry! Check out some more fun facts here!
Suggestion: If you love quick bread, try this simple homemade banana bread by Lily-Rose Kindergarten Cook!