Penne pasta with tomatoes and peas is a vegetarian option that’s quick, light and super simple. This dish is a winner at any meal!
Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Peas
- ⅔ cup uncooked penne pasta (2 oz)
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cloves garlic, minced (1½ tsp)
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over medium-low heat. Saute garlic for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add tomatoes, basil and parsley. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta, salt and pepper to pan, cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Suggestion: For a more protein-rich meal, add some Italian meatballs!