Slow cooker barbecue pulled pork is easy to put together with a few simple ingredients! Serve it as a sandwich or with cornbread and baked beans!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork
- 5 lb boneless pork shoulder (or butt)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fresh tomato, pureed in a blender (1 small, ¼ lb)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- Place pork and onion in the slow cooker. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low 10 hours or until fork-tender.
- Remove roast to plate and use two forks to pull the pork into small pieces. Return to the sauce and serve.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze serving-sized portions in freezer bags or containers for up to 3 months.
Did you know? The slow cookers we know and love today began as The Naxon Beanery All-Purpose Cooker back in the 1940s. Check out the whole story here!
Suggestion: Pulled pork pairs perfectly with colorful and creamy broccoli coleslaw!