These easy classic deviled eggs are the perfect nutritious, low-carb solution for brunch, buffets, picnics or just a delicious snack!
Easy Classic Deviled Eggs
(Courtesy: Suzanne M. Woodworth)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp spicy brown mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- Paprika (optional)
- Put eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover the pan and bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let the pan sit, still covered, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain hot water from the pan and fill it with cold water and ice to cool. Peel the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise and gently squeeze white to pop yolks out into a small bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey with yolks. Scoop the filling back into whites. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Hard-boiled eggs keep in the refrigerator for one week so consider making a few extra while you’ve got the water boiling! They make a great snack alone, pickled or in egg salad.