These delicious and easy homemade ramen noodles are low-calorie and full of nutritious ingredients which make them a perfect choice for a snack or simple meal.
Easy Homemade Ramen Noodles
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken breast, cubed
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 oz dry ramen noodles (1 block)
- In a large pan mix stock, parsley, chives, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add chicken, carrots and celery. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Add ramen noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Hack: Find plain, dry ramen noodles in the Asian section of the supermarket
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for single carrots or stalks of celery to avoid having to buy an entire package. Frozen carrots and celery would also work in this recipe.
- Hack: Shop the salad bar if you just need a small amount of an item that you don’t think you’ll use again before it “goes over”.
- Hack: Do you know that you can freeze fresh ginger root? Grating it in its frozen state is easier than grating it fresh and, if you choose organic ginger, you don’t have to peel it! Simply place in a sealed freezer bag or container and pop it in the freezer.
- Hack: Cooked leftover chicken can be used in this recipe. Add it in at the end of cooking the ramen noodles so it will have just enough time to get warm.
- Hack: Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables and/or proteins you have on hand! You can also use whatever stock or bouillon you prefer.
Did you know that slurping your ramen is not considered rude in Asian countries? As a matter of fact, it’s expected. Click here to check out some fun facts about this food!
Suggestion: Love ramen? Try some toasted ramen noodles or Asian coleslaw with ramen noodles.
Dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe!