Today, Lily-Rose and Grandma make a toasted grilled cheese sandwich with chicken and pickles! It’s a classic treat that’s kid-tested and approved!
Toasted Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices chicken breast
- 6 pickle slices
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with a thin layer of butter.
- Place two slices of bread, butter side down, in a skillet or griddle.
- Cover each piece of bread with one slice of cheese and two slices of chicken.
- Lay 3 pickle slices on each sandwich and cover with another piece of cheese.
- Top the sandwiches with the last two pieces of bread, butter side up.
- Place the skillet on the stovetop and turn the heat to medium. Fry until the bottom of the sandwich is browned and flip. Cook the other side until it’s brown and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Hack: Feel free to use your favorite cheese and/or sliced meat or whatever you have on hand!
- Hack: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a skillet, oven or toaster oven.
Ever wonder how (or why) grilled cheese became the All-American sandwich? Click here to find out!