Warm roast vegetable salad takes broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and carrots tossed with lemon turmeric dressing for a unique and nutritious side dish!
Warm Roast Vegetable Salad
(Courtesy: Penny Jacques)
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (2 whole)
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon turmeric dressing*
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Combine vegetables and parsley in a small bowl and toss with olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 to 20 minutes, or to desired tenderness. Toss with lemon turmeric dressing and serve immediately.
- *Turmeric stains anything it touches so use caution!
- Hack: Matchstick carrots can be found in the packaged section of the produce department. Freeze any leftover carrots for use in cooking
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower florets to avoid having to buy an entire head. Frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets would also work in this recipe.
- Hack: Check the produce department for loose Brussels sprouts and shallots. If you don’t see them, ask a clerk if they’re available.
- Hack: Shop the salad bar if you just need a small amount of an item that you don’t think you’ll use again before it “goes over”.
Did you know? Broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts are part of the cruciferous collection of vegetables that are associated with lowering the risk of some types of cancer.
Suggestion: If you like warm salads, try this Brussels sprouts Caesar salad!
Please follow and like us: