Balsamic reduction glaze can take a recipe up to the next level but it can be expensive! Why dish out the $$$ when you can make your own in less than 30 minutes?
Balsamic Reduction Glaze
- 2 cups good quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar (optional)
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat.
- If adding sugar, combine both into the pot and heat together.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens and is reduced by half (about 20 minutes*). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before serving (about 15 minutes).
- *If simmering with sugar, it will take about 8-10 minutes to reduce.
- Hack: Store your balsamic glaze in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Click here to find out the health benefits of balsamic vinegar and what makes it stand apart from the others!
Try this balsamic reduction glaze on pan-roasted Brussels sprouts or Caprese salad!
Please follow and like us: