These low-carb broccoli cheese fritters, made with eggs, Parmesan and garlic, make a great snack or side dish! Make a double batch and freeze some for later!
Broccoli Cheese Fritters
(Courtesy Amanda Buswell)
- ½ ib broccoli florets
- 1 ` egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ clove garlic, minced (½ tsp)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook them just until they are fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli well, allow to cool and rice in a blender/food processor. Alternately, use a large, sharp knife and cutting board to cut them into very small pieces
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the riced/chopped broccoli, egg, Parmesan, flour, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Place a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan (a non-stick pan needs less oil).
- Scoop out 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the broccoli mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them about one inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, flip and cook them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- If you prefer, fritters can be baked at 425℉ for 10-12 minutes.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Hack: Riced broccoli can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store. Steam according to package instructions.
- Broccoli Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for pre-cut broccoli florets to avoid having to buy an entire head. If you don't see them, ask a clerk if they're available.
Did you know? Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse! Check it out here!!
Suggestion: Serve these fritters warm with ranch dressing.
Please follow and like us: