This delicious vegetarian 3 egg omelette with asparagus will get your day off to a great start! Pair it with hash browns or home fries for a complete breakfast!
3 Egg Omelette with Asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ serving Roasted Asparagus with Pine Nuts (10-12 pencil stalks)
- 3 tbsp smoked Gouda, shredded
- Preheat an 8” saute pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Crack eggs in a deep bowl. Add milk and whisk with a fork until well blended.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray and pour eggs carefully into the pan, covering the bottom of the pan evenly. Allow to cook undisturbed until eggs are set. If a “harder” cooked omelette is desired, gently flip it when it's cooked enough to be manageable.
- Heat asparagus in the microwave just until warm, 20-30 seconds. Place in a single layer on half of the omelette, sprinkle with Gouda and fold the omelet in half to cover.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Suggestion: Pair this with some homemade crispy hash browns for a complete and delicious breakfast!