This easy pan seared scallops / shrimp dish is a delightfully simple yet elegant dinner for one! The added zip of lemon poppy dressing makes it unique and tasty.
Easy Pan Seared Scallops / Shrimp
- 5 5 large sea scallops (or 5 large shrimp, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon poppy seed dressing
- ½ cup cooked rice, hot
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Scallops: Place scallops carefully in the pan so they are not touching. Cook on one side for 2-4 minutes, until they are nicely seared. Flip them over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Shrimp: Place shrimp carefully in the pan so that they are not touching. Cook for one minute. Flip over and cook for one more minute, or until shrimp is opaque.
- Remove seafood from pan and arrange on top of rice. Add lemon poppy dressing to the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Empty contents over the top of seafood and rice.
- Serve immediately.
- Hack: Place leftover rice while still warm (to retain moisture) in serving-size containers and freeze for future use.
- Hack: Shrimp and scallops can be purchased individually from the seafood counter at most grocery stores. Alternately, both of these items can be purchased frozen in larger portions if you wish to keep some on hand. Thaw needed amounts before cooking.
- Hack: Seafood can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator. It can be thawed more quickly by placing it in a sealable bag and submerging in a bath of cold water for about an hour.
Did you know? Scallops are considered to be one of the healthiest kinds of seafood!
Suggestion: Try this dish would pair nicely with rice pilaf!