The earthy, salty flavor of feta cheese blends beautifully with the subtly sweet and savory taste of fig chutney in the delicious fig stuffed chicken breast!
Fig Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 oz)
- 1 tbsp dried fig chutney, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp goat cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Butterfly chicken breast and lay on a flat surface.
- Place generous tbsp of chutney on the bottom half of chicken breast and top with goat cheese
- Fold the top half of the chicken breast over chutney and goat cheese. Coat with flour and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken breast in egg and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased baking pan. Mix butter and oil. Drizzle over chicken breast.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160℉.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Hack: Place chicken breast in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to butterflying for more stability when cutting. Allow to thaw completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Handle chicken with care! Click here for some tips to avoid foodborne illnesses that can be associated with raw poultry.
Suggestion: The chutney in this recipe is also delicious in this grilled cheese sandwich.