These vegetarian panko parmesan crusted scallops are an easy-peasy dish that’s on the table in less than 20 minutes! They’re a healthy addition to any meal!
Panko Parmesan Crusted Scallops
(Courtesy: Ray and Irene Horne)
- 6 sea scallops
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 425℉. Coat a small oven-proof pan with cooking spray.
- Pat the scallops dry and arrange them in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk butter, lemon juice, shallot and garlic in a small bowl and pour evenly over scallops.
- In the same bowl, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the scallops.
- Bake until the scallops are opaque and the topping is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Hack: Scallops can be purchased individually from the seafood counter at most grocery stores. Alternatively, they can be purchased frozen in larger portions if you wish to keep some on hand. Thaw needed amounts before cooking.
- Hack: Seafood can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator. It can be thawed more quickly by placing it in a sealed bag and submerging it in a bath of cold water for about an hour.
Did you know? Scallops are considered to be one of the healthiest kinds of seafood!
Suggestion: These scallops would go nicely with Baked Rice Pilaf!
Please follow and like us: