Chinese Broccoli Stir Fry brings together broccoli, ginger and soy sauce for a delicious side dish. Try it the next time you’re putting together an Asian meal!
Chinese Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ clove garlic, minced (½ tsp)
- Place broccoli in a covered, microwave-safe container. Add a small amount of water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place almonds in saute pan and lightly toast. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until tender. Push to the side of the pan.
- Put garlic and ginger in the center of the pan, adding a bit more oil, if necessary, and saute for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add sauce and toss all ingredients. Top with toasted almonds.
- Hack: Check the produce department of your local grocery store for pre-cut broccoli florets to avoid having to buy an entire head. Frozen broccoli florets would also work in this recipe.
- Hack: Do you know that you can freeze fresh ginger root? Grating it in its frozen state is easier than grating it fresh and, if you choose organic ginger, you don’t have to peel it! Simply place it in a sealed freezer bag or container and pop it in the freezer.
- Hack: Once opened, sesame oil can be stored in a cool, dark place (kitchen cupboard away from the stove) for up to six months. It can be stored in the fridge for a year or more.
Did you know? Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse! Check it out here!!
Suggestion: Pair this with Korean Beef Marinade for a tasty low-carb meal!