Bacon roasted Brussels sprouts bring together two ingredients that complement each other perfectly in this tasty low-carb recipe!
Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 16 oz frozen baby Brussels sprouts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Combine Brussels sprouts, onion and bacon in a baking pan. Add ¼ cup vegetable broth. Bake in 350℉ oven to desired tenderness (45-60 minutes), turning ingredients every 15 minutes. If ingredients seem too dry, add more vegetable broth, ¼ cup at a time. Times may vary if using fresh (or larger) Brussels sprouts.
- Hack: Freeze leftovers in a sealable freezer bag or container for future use.
- Hack: Separate any remaining uncooked bacon slices and roll into individual pinwheels. Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer to freeze bacon slices. Place in sealable freezer bag or container. The frozen slices can then be used in the portions desired.
Did you know? Brussels sprouts are part of the cruciferous collection of vegetables which are associated with lowering the risk of some types of cancer.
If you’re a fan of Brussels sprouts, try my recipe for Brussels sprout Cesar salad!